Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 10 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we’re looking for a Java Developer to join our mission and help provide our customers with the best experience possible.
For our customers, using Wise should feel as simple as sending a text message. Yet behind our app and website lies a complex, one-of-a-kind engine of currencies and routes that’s being designed, built and powered by our talented teams in cities around the world. With new capabilities being built every day, there’s still a lot to figure out, and we can’t do it alone. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Our mission, grow as a product leader and help save millions more people money.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Engineering Team
- Help us take Wise to the next level as we scale to impact 100’s of millions more customers. You’ll hide away all complexities under the hood of our product and build seamless experiences for our customers
- Working on the core flow of Wise, you’ll guide our customers from their first experience on our landing page to completing a transfer and making sure they are informed every step of the way
- Create clear and helpful interfaces, whilst maintaining consistency, maintainability, performance and an understanding of what problems our customers might encounter along the way
What does it take?
- A passion for technology, product and user experience
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery approach
- The ability to work independently and plan your own solutions to problems
- Thinking from the customer perspective and putting them at the heart of everything you do
Is that you?
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to non-technical audience
- You have solid Java 8+ knowledge and hands-on experience
- You have experience working with high scalable systems
- You have advanced knowledge with both relational and non-relational databases (advanced types and query features)
- You have experience working across the whole SDLC
- You have high coding standards (TDD, Clean Code)
- You know your way around dependencies, have experience in performance tuning and have used DB abstraction layers like Hibernate or messaging services (Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, JMS)
- You have experience working with Spring, Spring Boot and REST microservices
- You have worked for several years within a production environment
- You know your way around React or other frontend framework – as a plus for some teams
What the first six months in this role will look like:
- You’ll have onboarded and found your place through understanding your team and guild vision and how you can contribute
- Understanding the Fintech domain and our tech culture
- You’ll have fully developed new features, from planning to release, and keep monitoring their adoption once live
- Gone through two quarterly plannings and proposed ideas to take your product further
Interested? Find out more:
…or check out our Engineering blog.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.