GT was founded in 2017 by a former executive from Apple, Nest and Google. GT’s mission is to build teams and products that address some of the more challenging requirements from fast-growth clients in Europe and North America.
On behalf of Bimble, GT is looking to hire a talented, Senior Android Engineer to build from scratch our Android app and help to move swiftly and purposefully through our roadmap. We’re looking for someone who is excited about creating a truly best-in-class geo-locational app that aims to completely disrupt the way we search for and hold onto the places that mean something to us. This position is for an able and creative engineer who wants to make his/her mark on the world; who understands and is passionate about start-up life and can bring ideas and enthusiasm to the Bimble vision.
What is Bimble?
Bimble is an energetic and ambitious geo-locational tech start-up based in the UK. It is a platform that focuses on interesting places and the ability to collect, organize, share and discover them. People like to use apps for specific things and until Bimble, there was no app designed and built explicitly for your places.
The Bimble iOS app was launched in February 2020 as a User Generated Content social platform for places. Places are at the heart of everything we do. The best place recommendations come word of mouth but at Bimble they believe this limits you to your own circle of friends and that it begs to be brought into a broader digital community. In addition, when any of us hear about, read about or come across great places - we have nowhere to store them usefully. Bimble takes care of that too. The community loves to hear from the places they love and Bimble has a unique way of making this easy and fun. These are just the basics. They know that TripAdvisor, Yelp and Foursquare are out of date with today's consumers. Bimble has got different plans.
Bimble is based in Oxford and has an external digital design team in London. Bimble is a killer idea, they are growing quickly and it’s an exciting time to come on board. The strength of the product is what will help Bimble reach the all-important product-market fit (PMF) and with your help, Bimble aims to do this as quickly as possible. Bimble is a part of the London Mayor’s International Growth Accelerator called Go to Grow and has just completed Oxford University’s Liber (Leadership through Crisis) 6-month Incubator. It also has a weekly growth rate of >6% which means we meet the Silicon Valley criteria of a high-growth start-up.
As people, we are curious about the world and we love to explore. We always like to be learning and we enjoy finding ways of fixing or improving things even when they’re not broken. We all have a positive outlook and a supportive, can-do attitude - saying yes before no and then trying to figure out how! We are also respectful and kind to each other - even when we are busy and under pressure. We would expect the same from you.
What we are looking for:
You can work autonomously and take ownership of the given projects. You thrive with space and responsibility to solve problems. Nevertheless, you will have full access to any of the team whenever you need them.
You approach work in a logical way. At Bimble, we are not afraid to make mistakes or experiment but we use data and logic to back up decisions and improve understanding.
You are curious about the world, consider yourself an out and about the type, and you share our belief that places matter to people. You champion independent businesses when you can and appreciate their role in bringing personality to neighbourhoods all over the world.
You must be comfortable in a fast-paced, intense environment. You may have prior experience in product companies or growing startups. You must be an active social media user.
- Creating from scratch a native Bimble android application based on our native iOS one.
- Planning out new features and discussing API requirements needed for upcoming features.
- Testing the application on a variety of device sizes to ensure a smooth user experience.
- Being responsible for the app release process including getting feedback from internal TestFlight users and making Google Play submissions.
- Being responsible for the creation and further maintenance of the deployment process.
- Taking part in code reviews and working closely with other team members to ensure best practices across all development roles.
- Several years of commercial native android apps development experience.
- Strong knowledge of Kotlin, Java and Android SDK.
- Solid understanding of the full Android mobile development life cycle.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles and best practices.
- Experience of working within Google Play guidelines, and experience with submitting, releasing and maintaining apps on the Google Play.
- Good understanding of Git and Android CI/CD setup process.
- Excellent English.
- Google Cloud Platform (AppEngine, Cloud Datastore, Google Maps API)
- Python (Flask framework)
- React, SCSS
- Git, Github, Circle CI
- Swift 5.x
- iOS 13+
- SwiftUI and Combine, with some UIKit where required
- URLSession, Codable
What we offer:
- An opportunity to co-create valuable innovative solutions for millions of users.
- Flexible schedule, a mix of remote and office work.
- Cutting edge office in the center of Ukraine’s first innovation park — Unit.City.
- Medical insurance.
- Monthly commute allowance or free parking space.
- Best-in-class IT equipment mirroring our client set-up.
- Monthly education allowance for courses, training, books, events.
- Gym membership, after-work activities.
- Daily lunches in the office.
How will you work?
It can be fully remote or mix of remote and office in Kyiv. Flexible working schedule. You will work directly with a client through our Extended Team model. We try to do things differently and put our efforts to integrate you as deeply as possible into the client's team. You work with the same tools and technologies as they do and communicate directly with a client without any intermediary in between. We help you build relationships and create an environment where you genuinely feel like a member of the core product team. Our clients usually come for a week each month and spend a lot of time with the team in Kyiv. We also encourage trips to a client and joint teambuilding and after-work activities. Our Extended Team model is focused on long-term projects that last over several years.