MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that technology and humans can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. Support and development of Ukraine is a significant part of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
Successful candidates must be passionate about software architecture and system design, caring not only about user experience but also optimisations required to deliver great experiences.
This is a unique, high visibility opportunity for a technical specialist who wants to make business impacts. You are a self-starter and able to learn on the go.
If this sounds like the type of experience you’d like to help build, apply here and let’s chat!
In this role, you will:
- Implement technical solutions to cover all acceptance criteria and other team agreements (e.g., tech documentation, tests, NFRs, etc.)
- React on issues and failures by investigating and fixing them according to product task priorities
- Contribute to the product with ideas, features, and improvements
- Communicate with the team and PM to clarify implementation details, edge cases, specify input or missing data and possible use cases/flows
- Help customer support to resolve user issues, conduct technical communication with customers if needed
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- Great Swift and Objective C knowledge
- Understanding multithreading programming
- Familiar with design patterns
- AppKit experience
- Experience with FMDatabase(SQL)/CoreData/Realm
As a Plus
- Working with GRDB framework or FMDatabase framework /macOS development experience
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
- We maintain workplaces and remunerations for the mobilized specialists and provide financial support to Macpawians or their families affected by the war. You can read more about it here.
- Hybrid work model
- It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, the co-working spaces at our HQ are open around the clock, following all health and safety measures.
- Your health always comes first
- We guarantee Covid-19 insurance starting from day one of our cooperation. Once your probation period is over, we cover 100% of the medical insurance cost for you and 50% for your dependents. We also cover dental plus massages and offer a 50% refund on therapy sessions.
- Flexible work arrangement
- You can choose a schedule comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/out since MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- A hub designed for people (and pets)
- Our HQ has it all. Spacious workplaces with enough room to sit comfortably, lounge around, or get active. A gym for boxing, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with breakfasts, coffee, and snacks. Rooms for sleeping and meditation. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the hub, and you are welcome to bring your pets, too (we have separate spaces for cats and dogs).
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
- Whatever your dreams and aspirations, we got you: a generous education budget, annual development reviews, free English and public speaking classes, and regular tech talks. We also offer personal mentoring with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
- We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within the teams, prioritizing open and constructive feedback. Every Macpawian can improve the ongoing processes and implement their ideas.
- Time-off policy that indeed covers life needs
- Twenty vacation days, unlimited paid sick leave, xDays (two days a month to work on what you are passionate about and not related to the MacPaw core business), and personal time off designed to help you take care of essential personal matters. On top of that, sabbaticals are open to Macpawians after five years.
- Cafe and fresh daily lunches
- There are plenty of yummy options for everybody. Heads up, you have to try our ricotta cakes. Seriously. They’re unbelievable.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
- MacPaw is involved in a whole range of charity projects, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to four work days per year making the world a better place.