We are looking for a Software Engineer to support our vision for an international bus marketplace. You will join a team that develops the core infrastructure and digital tools to serve and connect professional bus carriers across the world and enable them to sell tickets on our platform. The technology we develop today will be scaled across markets across the world and will take us one step closer to becoming the #1 marketplace for shared travel.
Our Tech Stack contains modern Technologies and frameworks (Java, Spring, PostgreSQL, run in Docker containers managed by an advanced CI/CD system).
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager, in a team of 8 engineers
- Building a robust and scalable backend that support BlaBlaCar websites and mobile apps, as well as connexions to external bus partners systems
- Taking part in the design definition of the services and their APIs to ensure they are scalable, robust and easy to use
- Interacting with multiple internal stakeholders (product managers, business analyst, data scientists, etc) and external bus partners tech teams
- Deploying and operating your services to production and ensuring they are performing as expected through monitoring and instrumentation
What you will need to be successful:
- 3-5+ years of experience in engineering teams within tech companies
- Strong proficiency in Java (Spring) and Object-Oriented development
- Open and eager to constantly learn new technologies
- A first experience in a Service Oriented Architecture ecosystem as well as other technologies such as Kafka ClikHouse, PL/SQL, Oracle, is a plus
- Be humble, structured, organized, motivated by innovation and a relentless doer
- Enjoy working as a team-player and learning from others
- Product-oriented spirit with the ambition to deliver the best experience to end-users
- Proficientin English & Ukrainian
What’s in it for you?
- Top of the market employment terms and conditions incl. meals and transportation allowance
- 100% coverage for health care insurance
- 50% coverage for spouse & children health care insurance
- 100% salary reimbursement for maternity leave
- 100% salary reimbursement for 1 month paternity leave
- Choice between the latest Mac or PC equipment
- Possibility to work full remote anywhere in Ukraine (even after the Covid crisis)
- Learning opportunities through trainings, Free English courses, Conferences
- Be part of an international engineering team with 260+ talents
What about our company culture?
Be The Member. Free carpooling and bus rides so you can continuously test the product and put yourself in our members’ shoes.
Share More. Learn More. Weekly BlaBlaTalks to learn from other teams and guest speakers, weekly product & tech demos, access to the best tech conferences across Europe, and more.
Fail. Learn. Succeed. Innovation comes with risk-taking. Failure is a gift to learn from!
Dream. Decide. Deliver. Join our Coding Nights, where anyone can pitch ideas and make tech development dreams come true.
Be Lean. Go Far. As a scale-up with big dreams, we use our resources smartly and strive to give our members a lean and simple user experience.
Fun & Serious. We work hard and take our fun seriously. When the sanitary conditions permit it, join our regular team breakfasts, afterworks, milestone celebrations and team-all retreats.
Learn more about our 6 principles here.
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long-distance and short-distance carpooling, a bus marketplace and recently an e-scooter service, with the ambition to become the go-to multimodal marketplace for road travel.
Today, our global community counts over 90 million drivers and passengers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year.
BlaBlaCar offers a truly unique international environment with over 35 nationalities, across 7 offices worldwide: Berlin, Kyiv, Madrid, Moscow, Paris (HQ), São Paulo, Warsaw. English is the official spoken language. We are privately-held and founder-led. Our team of 700 employees is entrepreneurial, passionate, and fundamentally impact-driven.
What is next?
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please apply below: upload your resume in English (PDF format) and answer our questions in English.
Kindly note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team and that all your information will be kept confidential.
You can expect us to review your application within the following 7 days. If your application and profile fit our requirements, we will invite you for:
- 30' HR video interview
- 1h technical discussion with Oleksii, Senior Software Engineer
- 1h coding live session with two software engineers and discussion with the CTO.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.