Our recruitment efforts in Ukraine continue. Please apply whether you are inside or outside of Ukraine.
About Astound Commerce
Astound Commerce is a global digital commerce company that provides end-to-end services—from creating a data-driven strategy and delivering UX services to building an e-commerce solution for a variety of clients such as Puma, Versace, Jimmy Choo, Tommy Hilfiger, Hugo Boss, and Crocs. With 20+ years’ experience, 1,400+ e-commerce specialists, more than 3,000 projects completed, and dozens of industry accolades, we excel at maximizing the brand and business value of every digital commerce touchpoint. Astound Commerce currently operates in 14 countries with 20 offices worldwide.
The Senior Performance Test Engineer is a part of a high-performance feature-driven Performance test team responsible for performance testing of complex e-commerce solutions. You must have a proven track record of solving tough business and technical problems while taking responsibility for meeting business objectives with a strong sense of product ownership. This job requires strong technical, collaboration, and communication skills to provide guidance and expertise throughout the entire software development lifecycle, ensuring the success of you and your team’s efforts. You should have strong communication and mentoring skills, expertise with software development lifecycle methodologies, extensive experience with building testing frameworks, and use of standard development and testing tools.
In this role you will get to
- Analyze and elicit non-functional requirements (incl. performance-related) and other requirements-related documents/files across needed/expected performance testing activities;
- Develop an overall performance testing approach, create performance test plans and test strategies;
- Define hardware resources for performance testing project;
- Define operational profile, load distribution and load level for performance tests;
- Create performance testing scenarios according to operational profile, planned load distribution and planned load level using performance testing tool (JMeter);
- Code review test scenarios in the performance testing tool;
- Execute planned performance tests (all planned types) defined within the project;
- Create performance-related bug reports in the bug tracking system and perform the fixed bugs’ verification;
- Actively participate in daily project team meetings and brainstorming activities related to the project issues;
- Provide updates to effort estimates and status of assigned tasks;
- Collaborate with other teams across the engineering department;
- Provide inputs for SOW effort estimation (incl. HLE projects, LLE estimates, tasks/CR level estimates);
- Participate in identifying and managing performance testing-related risks on assigned projects;
- Work with Lead and project leads in defining technical issues and performance bottlenecks;
- Conduct on-boarding and coaching of new Performance Test Engineers (if needed);
- Conduct a technical interview of Performance Test Engineer candidates;
- Define performance testing solution architecture for current and future projects;
- Communication with the client, platform provider (SFCC), 3rd parties representatives where needed.
Your skills and qualifications
- 2-3 years of performance testing experience;
- Strong theoretical knowledge base in performance testing;
- Acknowledgement with analytical tools (like Google Analytics) and basic performance entry data;
- Extensive experience with performance requirements elicitation and analysis;
- Solid experience with the performance test scripting in Jmeter;
- Basic knowledge of programming (JS, groovy, java, python etc.)
- Experience with load test types execution (smoke, stress, spike, capacity etc.);
- Server monitoring tools (Zabbix, Grafana, Newrelic, Dynatrace etc.) and server metrics (resource utilization);
- Experience with CI and Git;
- Experience with performance testing estimation (up to project level)
- Experience with tools:
- Defect management tool
- Jenkins or any other CI tool
- Amazon AWS or other on-demand cloud computing service
Experience with documentation:
- Performance Test Plan
- Bug Reports creation
- Performance Test Report
- Practical experience with performance test management activities (RQs analysis, test scenarios design and execution, test plan and strategy updates, risk management, change management, coordination, control, analysis and reporting, metrics, lessons learned);
- Ability to drive technical interview as a primary interviewer
- Experience with tools investigation and implementation
- Proficient level in communications with 3rd party, client, platform representatives
- Upper-Intermediate English writing and speaking skills.
Good to have
- Experience with team management (task management, performance tracking, team motivation, team reporting, team building, task delegation, feedback providing);
- Experience with FE tools (Google PageSpeed, WebPageTest, Chrome Dev Tool, Google LightHouse) — results gather, issue identification and investigation
- Experience with performance testing of an e-commerce platform (on real project)
- Leadership in making key technical decisions and in the design specification of client solutions;
- Experience with building testing frameworks;
- Coaching and mentoring other Performance Test Engineers;
- ISTQB Performance Foundation level.
What we offer in return
- Well-structured processes;
- Knowledgebase of the world’s largest e-commerce delivery team;
- Professional training and certifications;
- Off-the-Charts Career Growth: Сlear career path and a performance review system, career coaching, training and certifications, mentoring and knowledge sharing.
- Well-being Is Top Priority: Parental leave, paid time off, comprehensive health and medical plans.
- Real Work-Life Balance: Remote, in-office, or hybrid working modes; flexible hours; work-life balance support on every stage and level.
- Culture of Success: Culture of collaboration that encourages innovation every step of the way; 20 offices spanning four continents bring diverse perspectives that drive tangible results for our clients worldwide.
Why work for Astound Commerce?
Whether you’re working directly with our world-renowned clients or with your Astound colleagues from around the globe, you will shape the future of digital commerce, using emerging technologies and innovative approaches.
Grow your career with Astound Commerce, and discover exciting opportunities while doing the work you love!
Отзывы о работе в Astound Commerce 1
Аноним - Инженер - Киев - сотрудник, c 2018