Оur cliеnt is аn US-based fintеch cоmpаny that develops a pеrsоnаl loans platform. The goal is to provide custоmеrs with a workaround for the unеxpеctеd еxpеnsеs.
At the moment, the company is looking for an experienced Senior Data Scientist who will focus on the latest cutting-edge data mining and statistical modeling techniques to make a direct impact in a data-driven company.
- Develop, improve and test company’s models to optimise lending decisions by using advanced statistical modeling and simulation techniques;
- Support implementation of the models working closely with software engineering team;
- Research, test and operationalise new analytics techniques and data sources to improve portfolio performance;
- Conduct ad hoc analysis using advanced data mining tools to support risk management, operations and marketing strategies;
- Assist with development of technical tools and platforms to standardise and streamline model development and monitoring processes;
- Work with cross-functional teams to explore new ways of finding insights from data and provide recommendations;
- Develop dashboards to monitor key performance indicators.
- 4+ years of experience with data analytics and statistical modeling;
- Advanced experience working with relational databases, such as SQL;
- Advanced programming skills with Python or R;
- Experience working within an open source environment;
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills with key attention to detail;
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines, follow through to completion, and present conclusions of analysis to senior management in an organised and thoughtful manner;
- Experience working with specialty finance or FinTech is a plus;
- Start-up experience is a plus.
The company offers:
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including material equity grant;
- Fun, fast-paced work environment;
- Dynamic start-up culture;
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company;
- Equal opportunity employer.