About the vacancy
Our client manages a social platform where information about meetings is posted. The service allows users to register events. It also integrates with payment systems and calendars. Currently it’s used by more than 13 million people from 200 countries. The company's headquarters is located in New York.
The team will work on the improvement of the platform's recommendation, search, and notification system using machine learning.
The platform will simplify the management of group meetings, the search process, and group merging taking into account the interests of users.
- Improve the platform's recommendation, search, and notification system using machine learning
- Design, build, and own every aspect of our low-latency personalization platform
- Develop leadership skills by training other professionals
- Work alongside with product and design to leverage data and algorithms to improve the user experience
- Speak at technical conferences and events
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience working/training in data product creation (recommendations, predictions, NLP)
- Contributed to large codebases in Scala, Java or Python
- Solid experience using machine learning frameworks to reliably build, validate, test, and monitor statistical models
- Implementation of machine learning algorithms in cloud and scale-out environments (MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark)
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, Redis) and RESTful API.
- Spoken English