At TuneIn, we are reinventing radio for a connected world, with live sports, up-to-the-minute news, curated music, millions of podcasts, and over 120,000 streaming radio stations—streamed to tens of millions of customers through our mobile and web apps, and our unmatched platform of hundreds of consumer device and service integrations. From smartphone to smart speaker to electric car, TuneIn delivers live and on-demand audio from voices you trust wherever you want to listen.
Location: Ukraine (remote)
Here at TuneIn, we pride ourselves on data-driven decision-making, and the Data Science team is at the heart of this initiative. We test and learn, harness the power of our data, and share insights to help shape TuneIn’s product and business strategy.
We’re looking for a self-motivated critical thinker whose intellectual curiosity is met with a healthy dose of skepticism to work on data analysis, experimentation, and modeling projects across multiple business units.
The TuneIn Data Science team seeks to deeply understand our users’ listening experience on our service and to recommend and test improvements we might make to content offerings and user experience to continuously improve. We are responsible for understanding, validating, and documenting all of our data from raw messaging generated by users all the way through processed and aggregated data used by our senior executives to make fundamental decisions about our business.
- Bachelor's degree in math, statistics, economics, or other similar disciplines.
- 2+ years of analytical work experience in consulting, business intelligence, analytics, or an equivalent analyst position.
- Intermediate skill and experience in SQL; experience with Python a plus.
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and drive your own projects.
- Someone who values the integrity of their work, sanity checks analyses before drawing conclusions, and pays attention to the details of your data visualizations.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Team player who is an excellent communicator, collaborator, and quick learner.
- Experience with data-driven storytelling and data-driven insights.
- Experience with project management, data visualization tools, and platforms.
- Knowledge of query and database development.
- Ability to partner effectively with cross-functional teams and influence others.
- Excellent organization and communication skills, and experience managing complex projects.
What You Will Do
- Create reporting solutions (e.g. dashboards) for business leaders and team members, turning data into an actionable and compelling narrative with visualizations (e.g., charts, graphs, tables) - including the design and development of data tables to support them.
- Interpret data, analyze results, and provide ongoing reports to inform our strategy going forward.
- Design and implement metrics representing the quality, value, and performance of our business for consumption across the company at all levels.
- Drill into data anomalies to understand and communicate the root cause of issues, while identifying areas where additional data would resolve ambiguities in our understanding.
- Synthesize and share how the TuneIn user experience is represented in our data in fine detail.
TuneIn, the world’s leading live streaming service, brings together live sports, news, music, podcasts, and radio from around the globe. With more than 80 million monthly active users, TuneIn is one of the most widely used streaming audio platforms in the world. TuneIn broadcasts over 100,000 owned & operated and partner radio stations and boasts more than 5.7 million podcasts. With premiere distribution across 200 platforms and connected devices, TuneIn empowers listeners to ‘hear’ what they love wherever ‘here’ might be. TuneIn Premium subscribers get exclusive access to commercial-free news from top networks like CNN, Fox News Radio, MSNBC, CNBC, and Bloomberg, as well as live NFL, NHL, and college sports programming, and commercial-free music channels. For more information, please visit us at www.tunein.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.