Our customer is one of the US biggest home improvement retail companies and one of the biggest in the World. By home improvement, building and decorating materials and tools, furniture, appliances, heating and cooling, lighting, and home decor goods are meant. Key company highlights:
- 100 years of history!
- Over 400 stores across the US, 60 in Canada;
- Outstanding focus on an end customer: personalized deals every day, focus to introduce bleeding-edge technologies to deliver the best experience in the world.
This project assumes integration and further expansion of the Customer 360 behavior and customer analytics platform. The scope is mainly around building analytics data pipelines and data feeds to the platform, as well as ETL procedures related to further data export to the other systems of the customer infrastructure.
- Work with a matrixed data engineering team to deliver data pipelines on on-prem and cloud infrastructure;
- Establish frameworks and reusable components for repeatable data ingestion processes;
- Support systems integration testing and user acceptance testing;
- Support the development of feature/inputs for the data models in an Agile manner;
- Work with data science to understand mathematical models and algorithms and educate on how data engineering can help scale automate and deploy models.
- Solid working experience in Java and SQL;
- Professional experience in Cloud BigData components specific to the Data Engineering role (e.g. Hadoop ecosystem/Spark/ Kafka);
- Cloud experience (GCP is preferable);
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with effective influencing skills;
- Good verbal and writing communication skills.
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects;
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team;
- Competitive salary;
- Flexible schedule;
- Medical insurance;
- Benefits program;
- Corporate social events.
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for the retail, finance, and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement