Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
EPAM is committed to providing our global team of more than 41,150 EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers think creatively and lead with passion and honesty. Our people are the source of our success. We value collaboration, work in partnership with our customers, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today’s market conditions, we’re supporting operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely. No matter where you are located, you’ll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
EPAM Ukraine is looking for a mature Senior Java Engineer to work a development team in a growing account.
Our client is a multinational mass media and information company, a top global provider of financial software and risk solutions.
This position is for Java Engineer with AWS experience and Spark skills. It will give you an opportunity to work with a complex, high-impact system/cloud/Big Data in a technical leadership role.
The product we are working on is a data service offering global-scale content, research and analytics (a historical market data service providing content for an extensive range of equities, indices, foreign exchange, fixed income, and derivatives instruments).
The project is related to migration of a client’s application to AWS. High-level scope is as follows:
• technical migration of the existing on-prem solution based on Hadoop to a strategic platform storing and processing the data to AWS cloud;
• implement a set of extensions and non-functional improvements (like performance) in the strategic solution;
• the new solution has been designed from scratch, EPAM team covers its development end-to-end starting with the requirements.
Planned team setup: a Scrum team including a Scrum Master/PM, 4 backend developers, 2 automation QAs, support of Solution Architect and BA.
PROJECT TECHNOLOGIES AND TOOLS
- Java 8+, Spring Boot/Spring Cloud;
- AWS (VPC, S3, EMR, Lambda, API gateway, EC2, ECS, CloudFront);
- Python/Robot Framework/Grinder Framework for testing.
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development
- Expertize in Java 8+
- Experience with Spark
- Good understanding of AWS (VPC, S3, EMR, Lambda, API gateway)
- CI/CD (Docker, Terraform, Jenkins, bash scripting)
- Good understanding of Scrum
- Intermediate + English (for international environment)
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills;
- Individual career path;
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions;
- Social package - medical insurance, sports;
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations;
- English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers);
- Flexible work hours.
EVEN MORE EPAM BENEFITS
- We offer the possibility to work on full product lifecycle –from concept to delivery into production;
- We offer mentorship program;
- We offer guaranteed professional growth through the technology trainings and technology communities inside EPAM;
- We are proactive Agile/Scrum/XP practitioners.
EPAM Systems, Inc., delivers product development and platform engineering services to Global 2000 companies by solving complex business challenges with breakthrough technical innovations.
EPAM specializes in digital transformation, business intelligence, big data and analytics, testing, next-gen architecture, digital engagement, service design and business consulting; all supported by over 23 years of software engineering expertise.
We are among the fastest growing technology firms globally, with over 200 clients and offices in over 25 countries. We have successfully helped our clients achieve measurable business results through best-in-class software engineering, combined with innovative strategy, consulting and design capabilities.